After the redistricting process earlier this year, Florida House District 21 now covers western Alachua County and stretches to the Gulf Coast in Dixie County.
Andrew Morey won the Democratic primary and will face the incumbent, Republican Keith Perry, in the November General Election.
Scroll down to read about the candidates.
FAMILY: Wife, Jess; 2 children
OCCUPATION: Attorney with Dell Graham
EDUCATION: JD Levin College of Law, University of Florida (2006); B.A., political science, New York University (2003)
POLITICAL EXPERIENCE: None
This candidate has not responded to WJXT/News4Jax.com's questionnaire.
FAMILY: Wife, Amy; 2 children, Alexis and Amanda
OCCUPATION: Roofing contractors
EDUCATION: Buchholz High School in Gainesville
POLITICAL EXPERIENCE: Florida State Representative for District 22 since 2010
WHAT DO YOU SEE AS THE TOP THREE ISSUES IN THIS RACE?
- "Upholding and defending the Constitutional rights of every citizen
- "Doing everything possible to enhance the economic opportunities in the State of Florida
- "Investing resources in education by exploring every option available to return Florida and the U.S. as the world leader in education."
HOW CAN YOU HELP VOTERS IN A WAY THAT OTHERS RUNNING FOR THIS OFFICE CANNOT?
- "In 36 years of owning a commercial and residential roofing company, success was always dependent upon making good decisions for the employees and the company as a whole. This has given me a unique education and will enable me to use the skills and talents I have learned to represent the citizens of Florida."
WHAT WOULD YOU HOPE TO BE REMEMBERED FOR ACCOMPLISHING AFTER SERVING IN THIS OFFICE?
- "I hope that the decisions and policies that I make will benefit not only this generation but ones to come."
Copyright 2012 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.