JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Your choice for Jacksonville’s best family-friendly park is also a beach -- Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park.
As written by Visit Jacksonville, the oceanfront city park located between Atlantic Beach and Mayport Village is a haven for outdoor lovers. There’s biking trails, camping grounds, hiking trails, kayaking, surfing -- and 1.5 miles of beaches.
There’s a 60-acre lake for fishing, kayaks, pedal boats and canoes. There’s over 20 miles of hiking and biking trails that go through a mixture of terrain. The campground includes 300 sites in a wooded area accessible by paved roads.
And, if you are camping -- be sure to check out the campground store where you’ll find:
- Rentals: Mountain bikes, beach cruisers, adult tricycles, kayaks, canoes, games, fishing poles
- Refreshments: Cold drinks, coffee, ice cream, sandwiches, snacks, ice
- Fishing Bait: Live worms, frozen shrimp, squid
- Beach: Towels, chairs, sunscreen, umbrellas
- Camping: Firewood, RV supplies, propane, charcoal
As for surfing, Visit Jacksonville says The Poles, or the north end of the beach, is a top spot in Northeast Florida.
For more information, head to the city of Jacksonville’s website.
Address: 500 Wonderwood Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32233
2) The Clarke House Park 3) South Beach Park & Sunshine Playground