Man loses hand in Dania Beach fireworks accident, officials say
2nd man loses fingers in separate accident
DANIA BEACH, Fla. – A Margate man lost his hand Saturday while setting off fireworks for the Fourth of July.
According to the Broward Sheriff's Office of Fire and Rescue, bystanders reported that the 24-year-old man was holding the firework in his hand when it went off.
BSFR arrived in the 100 block of Northwest 13th Avenue and found the man on the ground bleeding profusely.
He was taken to Broward Health Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale in critical condition.
BSFR said another person, a 32-year-old man, had fingers blown off Sunday in a fireworks accident. He was dropped off by friends at Florida Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale with additional burns and shrapnel in his face.
The man underwent surgery Sunday night at Broward Health. Officials said he was being uncooperative, so details about the incident are unknown.
Copyright 2015 by Graham Media Group. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed