Boathouse catches fire in Clay County
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. – A boathouse on Doctors Lake was completely engulfed in flames Tuesday afternoon.
Clay County Fire Rescue said firefighters arrived at the boathouse just before 3 p.m. and found the boat and boathouse fully involved. They called for a Jacksonville Fire Rescue fire boat to assist.
The boat owner was on the vessel when the fire ignited and suffered minor injuries. He was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Officials said the fire was accidental, but the specific details weren't available.
A boom was placed around the vessel to contain any possible fuel leaks.
Copyright 2015 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.