#1 rated WJXT Channel 4, a Graham Media Group owned station in Jacksonville, Florida, seeks a motivated, high energy, full-time motion graphics designer. Our ideal candidate would also have experience with web and print design; who is a creative thinker and problem solver adept in the use of typography, composition and color theory. This position requires a person who is positive, self-motivated, organized and comfortable with a fast-paced workflow. Mastery of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, & After Effects is a must. Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, InDesign and Cinema 4D is a huge plus!
• This position, under the Art Director and Creative Services Director, will conceptualize, create and execute graphics for on-air programs and promotion.
• Collaborate with Promotion producers on campaigns to promote news content and
• Collaborate with Commercial Production on high-end advertisements.
• Work with News department to create still graphics and animations for newscasts.
• Service the entire station’s design needs from motion graphics, on-air graphics packages, set design, vehicle wraps, collateral pieces, presentation layouts, promotional materials, logo design, and web graphics.
• Organize and maintain graphic storage and libraries.
• Import digital files for playback into various systems.
• Work with Production department to ensure proper playback of on-air graphic elements.
• Work with outside vendors to ensure that projects are completed from conception to final production.
• Degree in Graphic Design or a related field.
• 3-5 years of motion graphics design and production experience required.
• Fundamental design and typography skills are required.
• Strong conceptual and design skills.
• Proven creativity utilizing Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator is required.
• Knowledge of third party plug-ins (Trapcode, Optical Flares and Magic Bullet Looks).
• A thorough understanding of audio and video compression techniques.
• Cinema 4D - 3D modeling and animation a plus.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office needed: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must be comfortable using both Mac and PC platforms.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
• Must be highly organized and motivated to work in a creative environment.
• Must possess the ability to work within strict timelines in an organized manner.
• The ability to multitask and work effectively in a time sensitive, high pressure environment is essential.
• Links to online portfolios and demo reels should be included on resumes in order to be considered for this position.
Send resumes to:
WJXT Channel 4