Former Jaguars DT arrested on charges he beat his wife

Roy Miller played for Jags from 2013 to 2017

Former Jacksonville Jaguars' defensive tackle Roy Miller, 30, booking photo

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office released former Jacksonville Jaguars' defensive tackle Roy Miller's arrest report, detailing the alleged assault on his wife that led to his arrest early Saturday. 

Miller was arrested on domestic battery charges, according to his arrest report. 

The records show Miller, 30, was arrested just before 5 a.m. by the Sheriff’s Office. 

According to Miller’s arrest report, he and his wife went to the Jacksonville Zoo on a date night. His wife told police that Miller left separately in an Uber. Shortly after, she left in her own Uber and told police Miller wasn’t home went she got there. 

Once Miller returned home, he and his wife got into an argument about where he had been that escalated into a physical fight, police said. According to the arrest report, Miller’s wife told police that he grabbed her by the hair and started pushing her around. 

A woman who was staying with the Millers to help with one of the children told police that she heard the couple fighting and ushered their children to the other side of the house. The woman told police she then heard a door slam shut followed by “thumping” sound coming from inside the room as if someone were being hit. According to the arrest report, the witness told police that she heard Miller’s wife tell him not to hit her again. 

The witness told police she didn’t see any injuries to Miller’s wife before the two went into the room. 

Miller’s wife told police that she’s not sure when he hit her because she was trying to get away. 
During the fight, Miller’s wife told police that he threw her new cellphone in the toilet and physically restrained her from retrieving it. Miller’s wife said after a brief struggle, was able to get her cellphone and call police. 

The witness told police that she saw Miller restraining his wife from retrieving her phone. 
According to Miller’s arrest report, one of their children told police that they saw their parents arguing while Miller on top of his wife. 

The witness told police that following the fight she saw Miller’s wife leave the room in a tattered shirt and helped her get another one. 

Miller’s wife told police that after the incident, Miller called one of the children into a bedroom and barricaded the two inside. 

According to the arrest report, Miller’s wife sustained an abrasion on her face, a scratch on the back of her neck, a braid ripped from her head and had the red shirt she was wearing nearly ripped completely off her. 

Officers said when they arrived, they found Miller sleeping in the master bedroom. After waking him up, officers said he agreed to walk outside to speak with them. 

Police said Miller’s wife declined to have Jacksonville Fire Rescue Department respond. 
Miller's made his first appearance before a judge Saturday and was released on his own recognizance. His next court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 28 at 9 a.m.

Miller and his wife have been married for 6 ½ years and have four children together. 
The 6-foot-1, 320-pound lineman played for the Jaguars from 2013 to 2017. He was drafted out of the University of Texas by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2009. 

Miller currently plays for the Kansas City Chiefs. The Chiefs are on a bye week. Their next game is Nov. 19 against the New York Giants. 

The Chiefs said in a statement to The Associated Press that they were aware of the incident and gathering facts. They declined any further comment.  

The Associated Press contributed to this story.