Mom says son had asthma attack after eating 'Dragon Breath'
Novelty dessert is infused with liquid nitrogen, allows consumers to blow smoke
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. – A mother in St. Johns County offered a warning about the liquid nitrogen-infused dessert known as Dragon Breath after she said her son ate the treat and had an asthma attack.
Racheal McKenny said her son and his friends were at a mall when they decided to try Dragon Breath -- a novelty dessert typically made of fruity cereal puffs. People who consume the treat are able to blow a puff of smoke after taking a bite.
About 10 minutes after McKenny's son ate the treat, he had an asthma attack and did not have his inhaler, his mother said.
That's when they stopped at a fire station in St. Johns County to get help.
"My son could have died. Please do not make the same mistake I did," McKenny posted on her Facebook page.
McKenney said the EMT's quick thinking saved her son's life. She hopes no other child has the same medical scare.
Copyright 2018 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.