Early voting in Georgia presidential primary under way
State’s Presidential Preference Primary set for March 24
It’s Georgia’s turn to weigh in on who they want to see on the November ballot for president.
Advance voting in Georgia’s Presidential Preference Primary begins Monday in every county in the state and continues through March. All precincts will be open on Election Day, March 24.
Voting sites (listed below) will be open Monday-Friday through March 20. Georgia law also requires the polls to be open on Saturday, March 14, in all 159 counties. Some counties also offer this Saturday, March 7. There is no voting on Sundays.
Voters don’t go to their regular polling places for early voting. Instead, they can choose to go to their county registrar’s office or any other early voting location established by county election boards.
In-person advance voters will use the state’s brand-new election machines. All voters must also show valid government-issued photo identification. And since Georgia holds open primaries, any voter can vote for any candidate on the ballot, regardless of party.
Absentee-by-mail voting is also available. Absentee ballots can be requested from your county election office and they must be returned on or before March 24.
Southeast Georgia early voting locations
- Board of Elections, 10305 N. Main Street, Nahunta - Weekdays and Saturdays March 2-20, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Kingsland: Camden County Annex, 107 N. Gross Road - Weekdays and Saturdays March 2-20, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Woodbine: County administration building, 200 East 4th Street - Weekdays and Saturdays March 9-20, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Folkston: Elections Office at County Courthouse, 1520 Third Street - Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday, March 14, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.; Saturday, March 20, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- St. George County Building, 13063 Florida Avenue, St. George - Saturday, March 7 only, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- County Courthouse - 25 Court Square, Homerville - Weekdays and Saturdays March 2-20, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Brunswick: Ballard Recreation Complex, 30 Nimitz Drive - Mondays, March 2 and 9, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.; Tuesdays-Fridays March 3-6 and March 10-13, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday, March 14, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.; Monday-Friday, March 16-20, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Brunswick: Glynn County Board of Elections, 1815 Gloucester Street - Mondays, March 2, 9 and 16, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.; Tuesdays-Fridays March 3-6, March 10-13 and March 17-20, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday, March 14, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- St. Simons Island: Fire Station No. 2, 1929 Demere Road - Mondays, March 2, 9 and 16, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.; Tuesdays-Fridays March 3-6, March 10-13 and March 17-20, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday, March 14, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Courthouse Annex, 312 Nichols Street, Blackshear - Weekdays March 2-20, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday, March 14, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Board of Elections, 408 Tebeau Street, Waycross - Weekdays March 2-20, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday, March 14, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Check your voting status and get other information on the Georgia Secretary of State’s My Voter page.
Copyright 2018 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.