JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Firefighters with Jacksonville Fire Rescue were sent to a condominium complex Wednesday evening on the Southside.
The fire was sparked on the roof of a home at Montreux at Deerwood Lake on Touchton Road. News4Jax learned of the fire just after 5 p.m.
JFRD said the fire was likely due to a lightning strike. Embers from the fire dropped to the attic of the apartment, hit a sprinkler inside a home and melted it, which firefighters said likely helped the fire from spreading.
Two units were affected due to water damage. People living inside the units denied help from the Red Cross.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2018 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.