NAPLES, Fla. – Thunderstorms can’t put a damper on your day if you’re indoors!
Great Wolf Resorts, Inc., North America’s largest family of indoor water park resorts, broke ground Thursday on its newest resort in Naples, Florida -- the first one to be built in the Sunshine State.
Great Wolf Lodge South Florida will feature family-friendly fun with attractions and amenities for all ages. The location will become the brand’s 21st resort in North America, featuring 500 family-friendly suites and an expansive 100,000-square-foot indoor water park.
The resort will sit on 20 acres of Collier County, near the I-75 and Collier Blvd interchange and next to the Paradise Coast Sports Complex (Address: 3940 City Gate Blvd S).
When the water park opens, it will create more than 600 full and part-time jobs. The park will feature a number of energy and water conservation measures, such as energy-saving LED lighting and special water filters to reduce consumption.
Construction is expected to last 18-24 months. Great Wolf Lodge South Florida is expected to celebrate its grand opening in the spring or summer of 2024.
“As we look to expand the Great Wolf Lodge experience to new markets, we are excited to place our newest resort in South Florida. This resort will offer families in the Sunshine State an easy, carefree escape, where parents and kids have the opportunity to laugh and play together and strengthen their family bonds,” said Murray Hennessy, Chief Executive Officer for Great Wolf Resorts. “South Florida has been on our radar for some time, and now, thanks in large part to the tremendous support from Collier County as well our shareholders Blackstone and Centerbridge Partners, we’re excited to make this resort a reality. We’re excited to officially join the community and look forward to helping contribute to its continued growth and prosperity.”
It is anticipated that the new indoor water park will help bring $5 billion in new net spending into the region, and the County is expected to receive an additional $150 million in tax revenue over the next 30 years, according to a report.
Some of the highlights include:
- An expansive 100,000-square-foot indoor waterpark, heated to a comfortable 84 degrees, featuring a variety of body slides, tube slides, raft rides, activity pools and splash areas for every member of the family – from toddlers and teens to parents and grandparents.
- A 62,000-square-foot family entertainment center known as the Great Wolf Adventure Park will offer a variety of family-friendly attractions, including MagiQuest – Great Wolf Lodge’s exclusive live-action adventure game where players use interactive magic wands to battle goblins and dragons.
- A collection of complimentary family events and activities including Yoga Tails, a morning exercise program that combines tales from the creatures found in the Spirit Water Forest with yoga poses, and evening events such as Great Wolf Lodge’s signature Hustle & Howl dance party and Story Time event.
- Several dining options will appeal to a variety of culinary styles ranging from pizza and burgers to upscale dining and premium ice cream treats at Wood’s End Creamery.
- Family-friendly suites in a variety of categories and styles including Great Wolf-themed suites with separate sleeping quarters for kids designed as either a log cabin or wolf den and outfitted with bunk beds and Great Wolf character theming. The resort will also feature suites with multiple bedrooms for large families or multi-generational groups.
Great Wolf Lodge South Florida will offer an exceptional value for families with admission to the water park and much of the family entertainment activities in the Grand Lobby included as part of the guest’s stay.
For more information on Great Wolf Resorts, click here.