JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Lowe's is looking to hire more than 3,000 employees in Florida, including hundreds in the Jacksonville area, as part of the retail chain's plan to help communities bounce back from Irma.
The chain is hosting eight job fairs across Northeast Florida on Thursday and Saturday in the hopes of hiring more than 200 people to fill seasonal, part-time and full-time positions locally.
The full- and part-time positions -- including cashiers, loaders, stockers, customer service, delivery drivers and sales specialists -- offer competitive pay, benefits and a 10 percent employee discount.
Qualified candidates could receive on-the-spot job offers at these events, so don't forget to bring your Social Security card and a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license.
Thursday's job fairs will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the following locations:
- 12945 Atlantic Blvd., Jacksonville
- 8054 Philips Hwy., Jacksonville
- 13125 City Square Dr., Jacksonville
- 474283 East State Road 200, Fernandina Beach
- 1751 Dunlawton Ave., Port Orange
Saturday's job fairs will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at these locations:
- 9525 Regency Square Blvd. N, Jacksonville
- 4040 Oldfield Crossing Dr., Jacksonville
- 1955 U.S. Hwy 1 South, St. Augustine
To learn more about this initiative, or to apply online, visit Lowes.com/Irma.
Copyright 2017 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.