Man seriously hurt in fire on Mount Herman Street

Home considered a total loss, Red Cross helping family

By Milton Woolley - Producer, Brittany Muller - Reporter

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department was called to a home on Mount Herman Street early Sunday morning. Flames were visible from outside the house.

According to JFRD, the fire began in the kitchen as a grease fire on the stove.

A family of three adults was inside during the fire. They were all taken to a nearby hospital.

The mother and son have been released from the hospital, but the woman says her husband suffered life-threatening injuries and was airlifted to a hospital in Gainesville. 

The home is at a total loss. The Red Cross is assisting the family.

 

Copyright 2019 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.