No one wants to be involved in a crash, even if it’s minor.
And what if it is a major collision? You don’t even want to think about that happening to you or a loved one.
It’s important to do things correctly when it comes to the legal side of a wreck and the health side of the equation, said Dr. Anthony Crothers, otherwise known as Doc Tony.
Crothers, a Jacksonville resident and well-known chiropractor in the area, want to educate people on what really happens after an auto accident.
Here are some easy steps to follow if you’ve been hurt in a crash, provided by Doc Tony:
- Call the police and report the wreck.
- At the scene of the collision, give a statement ONLY to the police and no one else.
- Notify your insurance company about the accident. It’s easy to get flustered after a wreck, but keep in mind that your insurance company’s phone number is located on your insurance card.
- Typically, you can apply ice to the injured areas and it will help. Ice should be applied 20 minutes in duration, Doc Tony said.
- The sooner you start treatment, the better it will be for your recovery.
- Under Florida Law, you only have 14 days to see a doctor about your injuries.
“It’s so important that people get the right care,” the doctor said.