RISKS FACTORS: The biggest concern, particularly in hospitals, is safety and sanitation. Most hospitals and other facilities that use pet therapy have stringent rules to ensure that the animals are clean, vaccinated, well trained and screened for appropriate behavior. It's also important to note the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has never received a report of infection from animal-assisted therapy. (SOURCE: www.mayoclinic.com/health/pet-therapy)
- Families to demand info from Boeing on MH370
- Ukraine: 5 pro-Russian militants die in clash
- Ferry disaster: Yellow ribbons become symbol
- NRA gathers as gun debate cools, shifts focus
- Postal worker jailed for hiding mail
- FDA releases proposed e-cigarette regulations
- Net neutrality rules to create Internet 'fast lane'
- What if Flight 370 is never found?
- Lawmaker says sunken ferry was made bigger