RISKS FACTORS: The biggest concern, particularly in hospitals, is safety and sanitation. Most hospitals and other facilities that use pet therapy have stringent rules to ensure that the animals are clean, vaccinated, well trained and screened for appropriate behavior. It's also important to note the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has never received a report of infection from animal-assisted therapy. (SOURCE: www.mayoclinic.com/health/pet-therapy)
- Biden in Boston: 'We own the finish line'
- 5 U. of Calgary students fatally stabbed
- 48 die in Togo bus crash, 15 injured
- Jewish center suspect charged with murder
- Video shows large al Qaeda meeting
- Suspicious backpacks left at Boston finish line
- Underwater probe scans for MH370 again
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized in Kansas City
- Putin: Ukraine on 'brink of civil war'