JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Our judges have spoken, watching dozens of submissions from singers hoping to become our 2021 Oh Say Can You Sing winner and perform the national anthem on The Local Station’s 4th of July fireworks show and narrowing the selection to four finalists:
WHEN IT’S TIME TO VOTE, CLICK HERE TO MAKE YOUR SELECTION.
Kevin Griffin, 30, of Jacksonville
- Employed: St. Catherine Nursing Home
- Favorite singers: John Legend, Johnathan McReynolds and Mali Music. (Favorite band of all times is Earth, Wind and Fire.)
- Griffin is no stranger to the big stage. From the Times-Union Center to the famed Apollo Theater, his talents have taken him all over, including on the same stage as some of the world’s greatest performers like Michael Jackson, James Brown, and The Supremes to name a few.
Walker Mullin, 22, of Fernandina Beach
- Employed: Omni Hotels & Resorts (Just graduated from Flagler College with a bachelor’s degree in Theatre Arts.)
- Favorite musicians: Andrew McMahon, The Arcadian Wild, Hozier, Queen, Elton John, Lady Gaga, Khalid, Rolling Stones, Nina Simone and Marvin Gaye.
- While typically shy, once she hits the mic, all that changes.
Antwoine Overby Jr., 34, Jacksonville
- Employed: ADT Security
- Favorite musicians: Sam Cooke, Al Green, Ron Isley and R. Kelly
- Overby has been singing for three decades and has already received national recognition for his singing
- He says singing is a lifestyle and his passion for singing started with a popular soda. He hopes that lifelong passion for singing earns him the title this year.
Caragh Zeigler, 15, of St. Johns County (although born in Naples, Italy)
- Homeschooled in ninth grade, at 15, she’s our youngest “Oh Say Can You Sing” finalist this year.
- Favorite musicians: Stephen Sondheim, Sutton Foster, Fleetwood Mac, Audra McDonald and Doja Cat
- This singing sensation already has plans to make it big.
- Zeigler is a student, Girl Scout, loves to play video games, and has been in 12 musical productions.
The next vote is up to you. Watch Channel 4 at 8 p.m. Wednesday for our Oh Say Can You Sing Finale to see each of our talented singers perform live. You can cast your votes that night by going to News4Jax.com/uSay or download the News4Jax app on your smartphone or tablet.
The winner receives $500 in cash and will perform the national anthem before Sunday’s 4th of July fireworks display, also shown on WJXT, Channel 4.