$2,000 reward offered in man's killing
29-year-old shot, killed during music video shoot
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Crime Stoppers is offering a $2,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the shooting death of a 29-year-old man last month.
Bernard Cason was shot and killed while inside a white Dodge Charger the night of March 11 during the filming of a music video on Washington Estates Drive at Soutel Drive in Northwest Jacksonville.
Two others were also shot but survived.
Police said more than 150 people were at the scene when the shooting happened, and they said someone had to have seen who fired the shots.
"We know that someone at this location that night saw and knows what happened, knows the identity of the person involved, and we're asking for you to come forward," Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Lt. Rob Schoonover said.
Police and Crime Stoppers made the announcement of the increased reward Tuesday morning while surrounded by Cason's friends and family.
"Just trying to generate some information. It's been over a month and nothing. They've got nothing," said Wyllie Hodges, executive director of Crime Stoppers.
Cason was in a scene in the music video and he wanted to be in a nicer car for it, so he got in someone named Bubba's car, police and family members said. Cason's mother said the person who shot him thought he was Bubba. She said she does not believe he was the intended target.
"Thousands of people knew Bernard. That's why we need help finding out who really did this to my son," Cason's mother, Bernice Cason, said.
Cason's family wants justice for him and his 2-year-old son he left behind.
"You don't have to be afraid to call me and tell the police or me what happened," Bernice Cason said. "My door's open and my phone's open. Please help me."
If you have any information about the killing, call Crime Stoppers at 866-845-TIPS. You can remain anonymous.
Copyright 2012 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.