73ºF

Multiple homes damaged in NW Jacksonville fires

photo

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Jacksonville firefighters were on the scenes of two separate fires in Northwest Jacksonville, Saturday morning.

The first was on Woodlawn Avenue around 10:30 a.m. in the Mixon Town neighborhood (above). Fire rescue said the fire was caused by a space heater. No major damage occured to the home and there were no injuries. The American Red Cross was called to assist.

JFRD was also called to a fire on King Cole Drive. That fire is believed to have started in the garage. No injuries were reported.

 


About the Author: