Florida boy runs 389 miles, flag in hand, for fallen heroes around the country
He runs a mile to honor every fallen hero
An 11-year-old boy from Florida is honoring our fallen heroes in a unique way.
Zechariah Cartledge runs a mile for every fallen hero across the country. This includes running for firefighters and K-9 officers.
He runs while carrying a thin blue line flag, and also carries a red line flag for fallen firefighters.
His family helps him go live on Facebook during his run to share the experience with his viewers. He began running at the beginning of 2019.
Here’s a tally of Zechariah’s miles from 2019 and 2020:
- Total Miles Run in 2020: (as of 1/14/20): 13
- Total Miles Run in 2019: 376
- Overall Miles Run: 389
- Total Miles Run for 2020 fallen LEO’s: 5
- Total Miles Run for 2020 fallen Firefighters: 4
- Total Miles Run for 2019 Fallen LEO’s: 4
- Total Miles Run for 2019 Fallen Firefighters: 0
- Total Miles Run for 2019/2020 Fallen K9′s: 0
- Total Miles Run for Other Heroes: 0
Running 4 Heroes is a Non-Profit founded by an 11-year old. The mission seeks to raise funds for our injured First Responders while paying tribute to our Fallen Heroes through running.
Click here for more inforamtion.
Honoring fallen Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Detective Amber Joy Leist with a 1-mile run carrying the Blue Line Flag.Posted by Running 4 Heroes on Tuesday, January 14, 2020
Zechariah honoring fallen Birmingham Police Department (AL) Major Crimes Sergeant Wytasha Carter with a 1-mile run.Posted by Running 4 Heroes on Sunday, January 20, 2019
Copyright 2020 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.