Stadium Village fan zone offers relief from heat & freebies
Fans can donate to take a shot at replica 17th hole
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – Located behind No. 18 green close to the Clubhouse, the Stadium Village is an air-conditioned public fan zone that features a centrally located bar, open table seating, luxury restrooms and the PwC's First Tee Challenge – a replica of the famed 17th hole where fans can take two free shots at the Island Green or purchase an additional chance for a $5 donation to The First Tee of North Florida.
Fans can make a $20 donation (or more) for a "First Tee Fast Pass" to bypass the queue, take five shots and receive a free sleeve of golf balls. All proceeds will benefit The First Tee of North Florida.
Stadium Village also features the following interactive fan experiences:
- Bridgestone Performance Center – The Bridgestone Performance Center focuses on helping golf fans have more performance moments on the road and on the course. Tournament guests can participate in free golf ball fittings, watch Performance Moments from the PGA TOUR season, learn more about the Bridgestone Tire lineup and take part in the Feherty Putting Challenge;
- Verizon Wireless Lounge – Enjoy interactive demonstrations and giveaway contests;
- Nature Valley – Grab a complimentary granola bar, courtesy of the official granola bar of the PGA TOUR;
- Lexus – check out the 2015 Lexus display. Lexus is the tournament vehicle for the third year in a row (a Lexus is available to each professional in the field during tournament week; models for the 2015 tournament include: ES, GS, LS, RX, LX and GX);
- MD Anderson – As the official cancer center of the PGA TOUR, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is spreading sun safety and cancer prevention messages at select TOUR stops throughout the season. MD Anderson is providing fans with shaded bleacher seating at the 16 tee and 17 green and free sunscreen pumps located throughout the course. In addition, MD Anderson invites golf fans to support the mission to end cancer by signing the Strike Through Cancer Wall, located in Stadium Village. There, they can also play an educational cancer prevention game to win prizes including sunglasses and lip balm. To learn more, visit www.makingcancerhistory.com/PGATOUR.
- Putt for Charity Challenge sponsored by Myrbetriq – Hone in on your putting skills at the Putt for Charity Challenge;
- Baptist Health – stop by for health tips and more;
- Microsoft – Play the recently released The Golf Club Collector's Edition game for Xbox One, get a demo of how Microsoft Band and check out Windows Phones and Surface 3;
- Stryker Mobility Zone – Enjoy an educational experience that provides information about arthritis, joint health and treatment options for hip and knee arthritis. Fans will be able to:
o Talk to local orthopaedic surgeons about joint pain and treatment options;
o See the Mako Robot and learn how robotic-arm assisted surgery is transforming orthopaedics;
o Learn about Fred Funk's and Hal Sutton's personal stories of joint replacement and returns to golf;
o Pick up a free pedometer and walking map; and
o Capture a PLAYERS memory in their Photo Booth
Copyright 2015 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.