JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – After setting the active roster at 53, the Jaguars have signed quarterback Mike Glennon among the additions to the practice squad.
The practice squad is typically only available for players with limited NFL experience, but because of the pandemic, the league expanded the squad from 10 players per team to 16 while allowing six of those players to be of any experience level.
Glennon, 30, was originally drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the third round in 2013. He played one season for Chicago, one for Arizona and spent 2019 with the Oakland Raiders. In six seasons in the NFL, Glennon has started 22 games, 13 of them coming in his rookie season in Tampa Bay, when the Buccaneers won four of his starts. He has not started a game since 2017 in Chicago.
The team is released its list Monday morning of the players who signed:
- Mike Glennon, quarterback, North Carolina State
- Josh Hammond, wide receiver, Florida
- Terry Godwin, wide receiver, Georgia
- Trey Quinn, wide receiver, Southern Methodist
- Nathan Cottrell, running back, Georgia Tech
- Ben Ellefson, tight end, North Dakota State
- Matt Flanagan, tight end, Pittsburgh
- Tre’Vour Wallace-Simms, guard, Missouri
- Austen Pleasants, offensive tackle, Ohio
- K.C. McDermott, offensive tackle, Miami
- Nate Evans, linebacker, University of Central Florida
- Joe Giles-Harris, linebacker, Duke
- Amari Henderson, defensive back, Wake Forest
- Caraun Reid, defensive tackle, Princeton
- Sidney Jones, defensive back
- Brandon Wright, punter, Georgia State