Putnam County’s sheriff, clerk of court, supervisor of schools, property collector and supervisor of elections will all be elected by voters this year, along with two seats on the county commission.
Putnam County Sheriff Republican H.D. “Gator” Deloach is a being challenged by Edison Edison, who is running without party affiliation.
Superintendent of Schools: Incumbent Republican Rick Surrency is being challenged by Democrat Pamela Brown in the general election.
Clerk of Circuit Court and Comptroller: Matt Reynolds won a three-way open primary in August. As there is no Democrat or other candidate qualified to run in the general election, Reynolds will take the position of Tim Smith, who is not seeking re-election.
Property Appraiser: Republican incumbent Tim Parker defeated a challenger in an open primary in August. As there is no Democrat or other candidate qualified to run in the general election, Parker is re-elected.
- District 3: Terry Turner won a three-way Republican primary and will face Democrat Joshua James Mast and NPA candidate Douglas Hays in the general election.
- District 5: Paul Adamczyk got the most votes in a four-way open primary in August.
Putnam County voters will also help decide congressional, legislative and 7th Judicial Circuit races.
Putnam County’s municipal races are nonpartisan open to all voters.
- Palatka City Commission: Willie Jones, Allegra Kitchens and David Parsons are running for Group 3.
- Pomona Park: John R. Morbitzer and Joseph C. Svingala are running for Mayor/Councilman. James Griffin and Joseph Svingala Jr. are running for Town Council Seat 5. Darlena Cuevas and Forest Bud Eckels are running for Town Council Seat 6.
- Crescent City: Michele Myers and Brett W. Peterson are running for Mayor/Commissioner. Cynthia Jo Burton and Jamaad Cesar-Batts are running for City Commissioner, Group 3.