JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – In a sweeping attempt to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus, almost every school district in Florida will extend spring break by an extra week.
If you’re looking for a way to keep your children occupied while they’re stuck at home, here are some ideas:
- Read some books.
- Have a movie marathon.
- Play board games and card games.
- Do a puzzle.
- Do a craft. Click here for some DIY project ideas from Good Housekeeping.
- Put on a play.
- Make your own music video.
- Write letters to friends and relatives.
- Have your children help you cook something simple in the kitchen.
- Play outside with parent supervision.
- Plant a garden.
- Help with chores.
THE LATEST: Coronavirus special section | Can kids still have play dates or visit places with coronavirus outbreak?
Do you have any other ideas that we can share with parents? You can post them in the comments section below.