WARE COUNTY, Ga. – Ware County students will be released early Friday, announced Superintendent Jim LeBrun.
Heavy rainfall in the area is expected to begin around noon. In a post on Facebook, the superintendent said schools will be on an Early Release schedule for the safety and well-being of students and staff.
Many county roads are still not completely dried out and there is a concern for road conditions and possible flooding.
- The Ware County Learning Center will dismiss at 11:00 a.m.
- Daffodil Pre K will dismiss at 11:30 a.m.
- Center Elementary will dismiss at 11:45 a.m.
- All other elementary schools will dismiss at noon
- Ware County High School will dismiss at 1:00 p.m.
- Middle School will dismiss at 1:20 p.m.
Individual schools will announce their car rider dismissal schedule.
The superintendent added this is a proactive measure to ensure that students and staff members can get home safely on Friday afternoon.