Feel like getting some fresh air this weekend while doing your part to make a difference? Then join us on Saturday for our Positively Jax Community Cleanup with Beaches Go Green.
We’re teaming up with Beaches Go Green to pick up litter at three sites throughout our community. Like last month’s food drive, this cleanup is part of our Positively Jax campaign, an ongoing effort to make Jacksonville a better place to live through random acts of kindness and other good deeds.
More details on that in just a moment — for now, here’s what you need to know about the cleanup:
- We’re meeting at 9 a.m. on Saturday at the Atlantic Boulevard Beach Access in Atlantic Beach, Oceanfront Park in Jacksonville Beach and the Mickler’s Beach Access in Ponte Vedra Beach.
- Bundle up! We’re expecting the weather to be chilly in the morning, which means layers are a must. We’ll be out there for at least a couple hours, so you’ll want to stay warm.
- Be sure to bring a face mask and reusable water bottle. A glove and a receptacle will be provided by Beaches Go Green to help you pick up any litter found during the cleanup.
- Did we mention prizes? These will be awarded for various milestones (like most cigarette butts collected) at 11:15 a.m. Plus, Insiders can get a free shopping bag while supplies last.
- Don’t forget to share your cleanup pictures via SnapJAX. Not a member of Insider? Sign up for your account and verify your email today. That way, you’ll be ready to go on Saturday.
Join the Movement
Alright, back to Positively Jax.
Chances are you already know that these are the inspiring stories we love to bring you each month about the people who go the extra mile to help others in need. But this year, we’re taking things up a notch.
Our goal is to perform and share 1,000 good deeds (or Random Jax of Kindness, as we’re fond of calling them) in 2021. But it’s not something we can do by ourselves — we need your help to make it happen.
So whether you’re coming to the cleanup or doing something on your own, we want to hear from you. The hope is that, since kindness is contagious, your actions will inspire others to pay it forward.
There you can share your good deeds, learn more about what News4JAX and others are doing to help the community and also receive updates about upcoming opportunities to make a difference.