Florida Country Superfest returning to Jacksonville
Event to be held June 13-14
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Florida Country Superfest is returning to Jacksonville next year.
The two-day event will be held at EverBank Field on June 13 and 14. The lineups will be announced next week.
Research from this year's event showed that visitors from outside the Jacksonville community accounted for 64 percent of all attendees to the inaugural Florida Country Superfest and generated $23.2 million in economic impact to the city.
The research from the University of North Florida identified 43,300 unique attendees who purchased 75,000 tickets, with 27,400 of them coming from outside of Duval County.
Highlights from the visitor research include the following:
- Estimated event-related visitor hotel nights in the region: 16,000
- Average length of the visitor's hotel stay: 2.39 days
- Average number of visitors per room: 2.55 visitors
- Estimated number of visitors staying in hotel lodgings: 17,000
- Average daily visitor spending: $241
- Estimated direct and indirect economic impact of visitors: $23.2 million
The research found that 88 percent of the 27,400 out of town visitors said they were "very or somewhat likely" to come back to downtown Jacksonville after visiting for the Florida Country Superfest. The event overwhelmingly attracted tourists from "drive markets," with 87 percent of attendees coming in their personal vehicles.
Copyright 2014 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.