Of Columbia County’s top administrators, the only one to draw opposition is tax collector, where four candidates hope to take position opened by the retirement of longtime Tax Collector Ronnie Branson.
- Republicans Kyle Keen, Marsha Moore and Amy Overstreet will compete in the August primary, with the winner facing libertarian candidate Davie Parrish in November’s general election.
Columbia County Commission
- District 1: Incumbent Ron Williams is being challenged by Kyle Green in this nonpartisan race.
- District 3: Incumbent Bucky Nash as drawn three opponents: Robby Hollingsworth, Charles Keith and Jeffery Tyre in this nonpartisan race.
- District 5: Incumbent Tim Murphy is being challenged by Brandon Beil in this nonpartisan race.
Columbia County School Board
- District 4: Incumbent Keith Hudson is being challenged by Michael Jenkins in this nonpartisan race.