JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Independence Day usually consists of cookouts, friends, family and perfect weather.
But the Fourth of July wouldn't be complete without a spectacular fireworks show.
There are several prime locations, all of which offer something a little different, to watch bright lights in the sky.
We have a county-by-county list of all the best spots to watch fireworks this Independence Day.
- July 4th Fireworks at the Jacksonville Landing: The St. Johns River in Downtown Jacksonville will put on a firework show from 5 - 10 p.m. The main downtown fireworks will begin at 9:45 pm. You can also see the display from the Riverwalk or near Friendship Fountain. Other rooftop restaurants will have a beautiful view.
- Jacksonville Beach: Pick a spot on the beach and look up! The annual 4th of July Fireworks will take off from the Pier around 9 p.m. Bring a chair or blanket!
- Hilliard's annual fireworks display: The Town of Hilliard’s Firework display will be on July 4th at the Hilliard Airpark located at 37776 Eastwood Road, Hilliard, Florida. The show will begin at dark (9:00 to 9:30 p.m.), and will be exhibited by “Pyrotecnico.”
- Moosehaven fireworks : Gates open at 5 p.m. Fireworks will set off at 9:20 p.m. There will be live entertainment, a kids zone, food vendors and more. Parking is $5 per vehicle. Address: 1701 Park Avenue, Orange Park.
- Orange Park Mall Freedom Fest: ( June 29 ) Food, Fun, Beer, Kids Zone, Vendors and Wynonna Judd! Concerts and fireworks are free to watch. Address: 1910 Wells Road
ST. JOHNS COUNTY
- Fireworks Over the Matanzas: St. Augustine's Fourth of July celebration at the Castillo de San Marcos includes a live music concert after the fireworks display. The fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m. Event held from 6 - 10 p.m. at Plaza de la Constitucion.
- Shelter Island Fireworks: (July 13) Held a week AFTER the Fourth of July, fireworks will launch from a barge off Crescent Beach on Saturday, July 13, starting around 9:15 p.m.
*Other notable locations to watch fireworks: The old bridge in St. Augustine, Boardwalk in Anastasia State Park*
- Saint Mary's 4th of July Celebration: The Kiwanis Annual Fourth of July celebration offers hometown charm plus a parade and fireworks over the St. Marys River. This is an all-day celebration from 9 a.m. - 10 p.m. The parade starts at 10 a.m. and the fireworks begin at dusk. Other activities include a 5K & 10K Run, arts & crafts vendors and entertainment. Address: 400 Osborne Street
These are the best places to go watch a spectacular show, but sometimes you can get a great view from your own backyard! Whatever your plans, please be safe and have fun.
Did we miss any? Let us know in the comments section below!