Unlicensed contractors on the prowl in Lake City, officials warn
LAKE CITY, Fla. – The Department of Business and Professional Regulation issued a warning Monday about unlicensed contractors in the Lake City area.
The department conducted a sting operation for the contractors, who were issued cease-and-desist orders after they offered to perform electrical and construction services that require a state-issued professional license.
Lake City residents are cautioned about the following six individuals:
- Tirone Alonza Jerry, 31, of Lake City
- Matthew Lutz , 32, of Gainesville
- Derick Ronald Edge, unknown DOB, of White Springs
- Jeffery Christopher Andrews, 29, of Lake Butler
- Bennie Goldwire, 35, of Trenton
- Joseph Graziano, 75, of Lake City
Department officials said consumers can check contractors' licenses at www.myfloridalicense.com, by calling 850-487-1395 or by downloading the DBPR mobile app.
Florida residents can report any suspected unlicensed activity by calling 866-532-1440.
Copyright 2015 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.