Laptop believed cause of fire at World Golf Village hotel
SJC Fire Rescue: Laptop sitting on bed, being charged when it sparked fire
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. – A laptop is believed to have started a small fire at the World Golf Village Renaissance Resort on Saturday night, according to the St. Johns County Fire Rescue Department.
A Dell laptop was sitting on a bed, being charged, at the hotel on South Legacy Trail when it sparked a fire, Fire Rescue said.
A 911 caller reported seeing flames and hotel employees began an immediate evacuation of the building.
Firefighters said the damage was minimal, and no one was hurt.
Safety recommendations with any laptop suggest running the machine on a hard, flat surface so air can cool the machine, reducing the risk of overheating.
Copyright 2017 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.