74ºF

Incense may have caused fire outside San Marco apartment

Family of 5, neighbor got out safely

photo

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – A fire forced a family and their neighbor from their San Marco apartment early Tuesday morning.

A family of five lived in the building on Naldo Avenue just north of Lasalle Street. They told News4Jax the fire was caused by an incense that ignited papers kept next to the building outside. The fire damaged the outside of the apartment building. No one was injured.

At least one other person lived in that building. The family is getting help from the Red Cross.

We will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.