Local toymaker teams with young girl to bring holiday dreams to life
JACKSONVILLE, FL – Sadie Stocking is the brain child of 9 year old Sadie Streit. In 2015, she began not feeling well and was diagnosed July 2015 with a polycystic astrocytoma tumor in her brain.
Streit’s tumor was successfully removed and she has made a full recovery, but continues to be monitored every three months.
Sadie’s family teamed up with local organization Dreams Come True to make her dreams come true. When it was time to determine the perfect dream, Sadie decided that she wanted to host a toy drive to collect toys for other dreamers and children in the hospitals. With that dream, Sadie’s Stockings was born.
This year, in place of a basic toy drives, BrickBuddies Toy Store has stepped up to help Dreams Come True of Jacksonville to make Sadie’s dreams a reality. Dwight Cenac owner of Brick Buddies has been contributing to several charities around north east Florida and did not hesitate to team up with Sadie’s Stockings for a good cause.
By donating a toy through our Toy Drive catalog, now through December 16th, donors are guaranteeing a gift to a child battling cancer while also helping us to raise funds for Dreams Come True's other programs with 20% of all proceeds going directly to DCT.
Toys can be dropped off at the following locations until December 15th
• Dreams Come True – 6803 Southpoint Parkway
• All free-standing Moe’s Southwest Grill locations in Northeast Florida
• Buttons and Bows Clothing Company – St. Johns Town Center – 4818 River City Dr. Suite 105
• Nimnicht Family of Dealerships (both locations): 11503 Philips Highway and 1550 Cassat Avenue
• Chick-fil-A at the Avenues – 10300 Southside Blvd #310
• Florida Theatre – 128 E Forsyth Street
• Texas Roadhouse – 550 Blanding Blvd, Orange Park
• Beaches Car Was locations – 1401 Beach Blvd, Jacksonville Beach AND 3237 Beach Blvd (San Marco)
• Jacksonville Landing – on December 9th ONLY from 2 – 3:30 p.m. during TubaChristmas
Andrea Siracusa, Senior Manager of Programs and Community Relations of Dreams Come True encourages the community to donate new and unwrapped toys to children who are hospitalized for medical treatment. Please visit the following link for a complete list of suggested toys: www.dreamscometrue.org/event/sadies-stockings/
Copyright 2017 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.