1 taken to hospital after lightning strike sparks fire at Mandarin home

Red Cross called to help 2 adults and 2 children

Photo does not have a caption

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – One person was taken to a hospital after a lightning strike sparked a fire at a home in Mandarin, the Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department said.

Firefighters responded about 4 p.m. to Pine Breeze Road off Old St. Augustine Road.

According to JFRD, lightning struck a tree and ran down the back of a house.

Three people were inside the house at the time and one of them was transported to a hospital with a non-life-threatening injury, firefighters said. 

News4Jax was told there was a hole in the roof and the home had electrical damage.

The Red Cross was called to help two adults and two children. 

The state fire marshal was not called.

About the Author: