FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - Traveling to Foxborough, Massachusetts, carried its own struggles, especially for one Jaguars fan.
Jacksonville fan Dan Clayton said he couldn't afford tickets to the AFC Championship game and sought to find a cheaper option.
- Jags fans experience roller coaster of emotions watching AFC title game
- Fans gather outside closed EverBank Field to greet Jaguars
- IMAGES: Jaguars lose 24-20 in AFC Championship game
- Patriots headed for Super Bowl after Brady, Amendola rally past Jaguars
- Sam Kouvaris: Heartbreaking loss ends Jaguars season
- Jaguars robbed? Fans say bad officiating contributed to loss
- For group of die-hard Jags fans, excitement already building for next season
- Despite AFC title game loss, Jaguars' future looks bright
"Obviously, we couldn't afford the StubHub and SeatGeek prices which are $800 to $1,000 each. So we went Craigslist, and it's a lot cheaper. But you take the risk of getting scammed," Clayton told News4Jax.
He sent $1,000 to someone claiming to have tickets but never received them. He is still working to get his money back, but that didn't stop him from supporting his team.
"Honestly we hold no grudges against them. They are an amazing team, all those guys from the special teams to the offense and defense," Clayton said.
Even though the Jaguars lost 24-20 to the New England Patriots, Clayton said he saw positive signs going into next season.
"It's amazing. Blake (Bortles) is our guy. I don't care what anyone says," Clayton said. "He will be back next year and we will do even better."
Clayton said he will leave Foxborough proud of his team.
Copyright 2018 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.