Man rescued after cementing head inside microwave
Firefighters freed man after hour-long attempt
Firefighters in England were tasked with the hour-long rescue of a man who cemented his head inside of a microwave.
The Guardian reports the 22-year-old man and a group of his friends were intending to use the microwave as a mold. After the man became stuck, his friends created an air tube to help him breathe.
The man's friends told authorities they had already been trying to free him for 90 minutes before they arrived.
"As funny as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated of have been seriously injured. Taking the microwave apart was tricky, because a lot of it was welded," Watch Commander Shaun Dakin said.
"We video-called our technical rescue colleagues for advice and eventually managed to get him unstuck."
Dakin went on to say the man was very relieved when officials began removing the microwave.